Sunday, July 18, 2010

PBN loses its LIIT charm :(

Well this happened a couple of days ago and since then i've been thinking of writing about it, but it was just so much knotty to come out of the enormous amount of despair that this event has pushed me into. As i'm still trying to get over it, here I am sharing it with all of you.

It was that great evening back in year 2005 when I was introduced to the greatest drink ever made...my favorite since then - The Long Island Iced Tea. And where did I drink it - it was at Punjabi by Nature(PBN) in Noida. I've never been able to find a match for that taste anywhere else, even in the far west.

My friends and I used to look forward to those great friday nights at PBN in those times. When I used to come back to India during my winter break for a couple of weeks, it was absolutely quintessential for me to go to PBN and have at least a couple of LIITs...with the same old friends of course. And the LIIT was just the same old magical masterpiece in all its glory.

But then as they say....all good things come to an end eventually. I could never imagine that this would imply on my beloved PBN's LIIT as well. :(

On July 18, 2010, my friends and I couldn't be more disheartened to declare that the PBN's LIIT is no more with us. It was just nowhere close to what it used to be not so long ago. Very very very disappointing. It was a moment of despair, a point of desolation, an instance of dejection and much more for all of us. It is just way too painful to be decrypted into simple English words that can make sense. As we moved out of that disappointing restaurant that night, all of us had just one question in our minds, "Why God?? Why?? Why us??"

Ab honi ko kon taal sakta hai....jo hona tha wo to ho gaya...now i think it is time for all of us to gather ourselves together, get over the murkiness and move on. As we move on to search for the next best available LIIT mixer on earth, with all due respect, we pay tribute to that wonderful drnk that has given us such great times when we needed them the most. May it's soul rests in peace.

Any suggestions on where we should go next?

No comments: