Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Long Island Iced tea

This one's to my ex-team members at HCL, India.

From the day Samir(my ex-boss, and now a great friend) asked me to taste it, the drink remains my favorite till date.

It was not just the rum or vodka or tequilla that made it a great drink, but it was the amazing atmosphere that used to build up after everyone has had one full drink at PBN (the best LIT mixer in Noida). Those wonderful conversations....straight from everyone's heart, showing the true colors....an absolute pure spirit of LIT. :)
Although it was pretty hard to find time for everyone at the same time, but i'm sure everyone always looked forward to those friday nights.

I left for USA but the trend continued...arrey not at PBN or in Noida...but with me....in US. New friends, new pubs, new music...but LIT still rocked. I've no idea how many people must have been thanking me at this moment that i introduced the drink to them. But i proudly accept the name "long islander" given to me. Logon ka pyaar dekh kar bas...aansu aa jaate hain.

Studying is fun....and so is partying while you are studying. Finding excuses to go out and drink on pretty much every friday night, come whatever. Getting drunk until 2.00am to your limits and then trying to walk as straight as possible to reach the bus stop so that the cops dont thrash you. It becomes a little difficult when u get this uncontrollable sensation to pee at times and you do not find a place. Could have been much easier in India but in US, you dont want to design a wall. Although every other person you see in downtown at that time is drunk, but still you pretend to be the most sober of them all....huh...quite interesting...isn't it? Well that's not true about everywhere, but university towns....u know how it works.

Coming back to LIT, there have been some useless people who never enjoyed it, but never said it in front of me after seeing my immense passion for the drink....I truly appreciate that guys....hahaha.

This summer....LIT has been one of my greatest friends since no one else is around. But as i said initially, the experience is great only when the right atmosphere is developed around this fabulous work of Robert Butt (the bartender from Long Island who first served this drink somewnere in 70s).

This drink truly rocks...or i should say....at least my life truly rocks with LIT....thanks to every one who's been saying "cheers" with me.

2 comments:

Garima said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Garima said...

oooohhhh!!!!!
yaadein taza kar di yaar tumne to...hmmm...some good moments spent with our team...unforgettable.
Although i never ever told you...but i can never forget that day when u were tightly packed up and offered to drop me till my house...all the time (though it was just 10 mins raasta) i was praying n kept my fingers crossed...u wont even remember ur dialogs now... 'Aage 1 khamba hai ya do?' ... 'Muje kuchh dikh kyun nahi raha hai?' :D